WHAT'S NEW FOR 2017
*****DIVISION AND CLASS NUMBERS HAVE BEEN UPDATED!!!!! MAKE SURE YOU DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE FILLING OUT ENTRY FORMS!!!!!!!*****
· Health Certificate Required for all Livestock. At any time, at a licensed Wyoming veterinarian’s discretion any animal can be asked to leave the fairground if he/ she feels there is health concerns or issues. Animals will be allowed to show or sell at the judge’s discretion.
· Market Livestock Weight Requirements:
Market Beef 1050 pounds and top for pay out 1450
Market Sheep 105 pounds and top for pay out 160
Market Swine 210 pounds and top for pay out 295
Market Goat 50 pounds
Market Rabbit Meat Pen of 3 age –up to 80 days 3.5 –5 pounds
Single Fryer age –up to 80 days 3.5 –5 pounds
Market Poultry Meat Pen of 3 ~ 3.5 –6 pounds
· Entry Date Deadlines are:
4-H Fabric and Fashion - THURSDAY, JULY 6th
Big Horn County Horse Fun Day - MONDAY, JULY 17th
Open Class Hay Show - THURSDAY, JULY 13th
4-H, FFA, Junior Show & Open Class Horse - MONDAY, JULY 17th
All Other Open Classes - MONDAY, JULY 24th
· Rabbit & Poultry Show has been moved to Tuesday, August 2nd at 2:00PM, starting with poultry.
· Herdsmanship is now mandatory for all kids showing a Junior Market animal, a $25.00 premium will be paid to one Herdsman per barn. Look in the yellow pages for rules.
· Purchase a DISCOUNTED Event Punch Card at the Fair Office, this gets you into all three grandstand events for ONLY $20.00. (A $30.00 VALUE)
· NO limit on 4-H or FFA exhibits.
· Bounce Off the Walls (The Inflatable Fun Zone) will be on grounds Wednesday, August 2nd, Thursday, August 3rd, and Friday, August 4th for free entertainment for children.
· Pie Eating Contest will have REAL pies this year!
· New Needlework classes have been added. Be sure to look through all of Department L and double check class numbers!
· Nigerian Goats have been added to Goat classes.
· There will be a Pie Baking Contest on the free stage Saturday, August 5th at 11:00 AM
· Jake Worthington will be playing for the dance after the rodeo Saturday, August 5th.
· Single entry classes will be combined into larger classes.
· *****BREEDING SHEEP AND DAIRY GOATS SHOWS CHANGED! Breeding Sheep and Dairy Goat shows will be held at the same time as the Beef show Friday, August 4th at 8:00 AM.
· Jr. Sale Committee: if any animal becomes sick and/ or dies between time of the Jr. Livestock Sale and slaughter - member needs to contact the Jr. Sale Committee within 48 hours. Gretty 307-272-0576